Monday, August 24, 2009

Transferable skills

One of my coworkers refuses to go to the doctor. She has had the same cold for days and we work with some folks who don't have the greatest hygiene or greatest immune systems.

So today I had enough. I went to her, looked her over in a stern way, and said "You are going to see the doctor, yes?" I provided a brief explanation why I thought this behavior might be desirable.

*pause*

"Can I wait until after work?"

I was floored--she had shrugged off everyone else who had made the same suggestion. Finally I asked her what it was about my approach that actually got her to commit to seeing the doctor.

She winced a bit and said: "Well, you told me your concerns--but mostly it is that scary mother look you get. You looked like you are going to spank me!"

No, this person has no clue. I swear!

Apparently this stuff we do starts to show after a while.

3 comments:

Mr. Shiny said...

Lol - very cute.

Fireman Chris said...

I think that means you're a natural at this, Wednesday m'dear. Well done! Topping a spanko is easy, but it takes real skill to top a vanilla. ;-)

Wednesday said...

LOL! This vanilla is a tough customer too.

Anyhow, dunno if this means I am good at it or if I have just been doing it too much. ;-)