Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The harebrained Superbowl bet

I am a long suffering Arizona Cardinals....well fan does not quite describe it. OK, just an Arizonan long suffering through the Cardinals. They arrived when I was 14 along with some obnoxious neighbors who worked with them. The team and I did not get off on the right foot. The fact that they could not win anything did not help their case. The fact that the neighbors acted like they were better than the Arizonans they came to bless with their team just rubbed salt in the wound.

So I disregarded them for 21 years.

And they haul off and win the NFC championship.

Yeah, I got a little excited. I drove down the street near the stadium where the game was played honking my horn.

The same day the Baltimore Ravens were going after the AFC championship so I made a bet with a friend from Baltimore regarding who would win the Superbowl. The Ravens lost their game, but this fellow was undaunted.

So now my behind is on the line, dear readers. As is his. Heck, I don't have enough money to bet on a darned game so I had to resort to hide. Caning, figging--and I won't mention the third thing.

My neighbor had the temerity to wear his Philly Steelers Superbowl XXX shirt and flaunt it in front of us this last weekend.

As I recall they *lost*. Here. In AZ.

Go Cards.

I am going to bury that darned shirt in the yard Feb. 2

EDIT: The *Pittsburgh* Steelers. Dammit.

Still burying that shirt in the yard.

No comments: